This is my favorite season. Flip flops, sunshine, lemonade, barbeques, swimming, and spending quality time with the family to unwind, and of course Memorial Day, the unofficial beginning of summer.
I wish Memorial Day came at a different time of the year, so it could receive the recognition it deserves, rather than the last Monday of the month of May, a month filled with celebrations...Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, graduations, school coming to an end, and according to daysoftheyear.com, May is officially Barbeque month!
But then again, our celebrations are possible due to the gifts that have been bestowed upon us from our servicemen and servicewomen, past and present.
Let us reflect, May is also a month to remember those who have fought for our freedom. "Thank you to every serviceman and servicewoman who has given their all to guarantee us the wonderful freedom we enjoy. May we never forget nor take for granted what their sacrifice means to us!" - Jan C. Well said!
In honor of May and freedom and National BBQ month, we wanted to share our favorite recipes to make your celebrations easy peasy. So celebrate your freedom this Memorial Day with a BBQ surrounded by your family and friends, and say thank you to those who serve and have served our glorious country!
- Pretty Cream Cheese Recipe
- Herbed Dip Recipe
- Sausage Bites with Cranberry Mustard Recipe
- Festive Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Cheesy Havarti Dill Pull-Apart Bread
- Pretty Vegetable Bean Salad Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Salad With Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
- Caprese Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- Blackberry Poppyseed Vinaigrette Recipe
- Aunt Ester's Potato Salad Recipe
- Hot Pepper Baked Beans Recipe
- Pepper Jam Grilled Pineapple Recipe
- Herbed Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Cucumbers à la Cherchies Recipe
- Strawberry Hot Pepper Kabob Recipe
- Garlic Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
- Pizzazzed Steak Recipe
- Honey 'n Lime Grilled Shrimp Recipe
- Truffle-Glazed Bone-in Ribeye Recipe
- Hawaiian Sweet and Sour Smoked Sausage Recipe
- Cream Cheese Pie Recipe
- Rustic Cherry Apple Tart Recipe
- Lemon Raspberry Fruit Pizza Recipe
- Apple Butter à la Mode Recipe
- Luscious Lady Finger Recipe