This dish has it all, it's quick, it's easy, and it's elegant. I love that this dish can be made ahead, but it's the presentation that makes this entree special. Your guests will think you spent hours preparing this meal. Shhh, don't tell them!
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsb.) olive oil
- 1 1/2- 2 lbs. flank steak pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- wooden skewers (soaked 30 minutes before grilling)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies®Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp.) pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp.) Cherchies®Pepper Pizzazz Seasoning or Cherchies®Lem 'n Pepper Seasoning
If cooking immediately, soak skewers 30 minutes before cooking meat.
Prepare the cream cheese mixture and the meat. Mix together the cream cheese, garlic seasoning, and pepper and set aside. Pound the flank steak between two sheets of plastic until the meat is about 1/2 inch thick. Generously season both sides of the flank steak with Pepper Pizzazz or Lem 'n Pepper Seasonings.
Spread the seasoned flank steak with the cream cheese mixture.
Add the chopped pepper and spinach. Carefully roll the meat with plastic wrap (Use the same plastic that you used to pound the meat). If going to cook immediately, take the soaked skewers and pierce the steak roll with the skewers about 1 inch apart. (If making ahead, wrap rolled meat in plastic and refrigerate, making sure to take meat out 30 minutes before cooking).
Turn griddle or pan on medium and drizzle with olive oil. Slice the steak roll between the skewers and add the steak skewers to the griddle or pan. Cook on each side for a few minutes or until done to your preferance (Pink, no pink...). Your family or friends will think you are a culinary genius! Enjoy!