Cook Time: 60 minutes
The perfect side dish for any barbeque!
- 7 pieces bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 - 15 oz. ) black beans
- 1 can (14 - 15 oz.) Great Northern or Navy Beans
- 2 cans (14 - 15 oz.) chili beans
- 1 jar Terrapin Ridge Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crispy. Remove bacon and add chopped onion and bell pepper to hot bacon grease. Saute for 5 - 7 minutes until softened. Add beans and jam.
Stir until well combined and simmer on low heat for 30 - 45 minutes. Stir occasionally. This can be transferred to a crockpot and kept on low until ready to serve. Enjoy!
*Note- after sauteing the vegetables, you can throw all the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours.
Serves 10 - 12 as a side dish