I posted these helpful tips this past Fall. Who says you have to have apple butter only in the Fall? Stay tuned...
Happy Fall friends! Did you have a nice weekend? We had beautiful Fall weekend, crisp and sunny, a nice change from the blazing heat we've been experiencing. Fall has officially arrived and that means it's prime time to enjoy all things apples, particularly apple butter (or any fruit butter for that matter). We love fruit butters! In fact, we love them so much, we wanted to share our favorite uses for them in the kitchen.
So, what the heck are fruit butters anyway? Neither a preserve nor a jam, fruit butters are a class all their own, mixed with spices, and slow cooked to a thick, "butter-like" consistency. Most are familiar with the all popular Apple butter, but what about other fruit butters such as Cherry or Strawberry Butter? Did you know most fruits can be made into fruit butters?
So, fruit butters are more than just a spread for toast? Correct! The uses are endless and to celebrate Fall and because we love ya, we've included our 20 favorite uses for our fruit butters! What's your favorite way to serve fruit butter? We'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by:)
- Use in recipes in lieu of sugar in an apple crisp or applesauce.
- Mix 1 part butter spread to 1 part maple syrup for French toast and pancakes.
- Mix it into roasted or baked sweet potatoes.
- Use butter spreads and pecans as crepe filling.
- Spread it on toast or English muffins instead of jelly.
- Add to oatmeal (See our Apple Butter Oatmeal Recipe)
- Mix with cream cheese and spread on bagels.
- As a side dish with any pork dish.
- Heated and placed on top of ice cream (Apple Butter a La Mode Recipe)
- Mix with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Mix with wine and Cherchies® Champagne Mustard for a delicious glaze on pork or chicken.
- Spread on melted baked brie fresh from the oven. Serve with Cherchies® Champagne Mustard.
- Mix it with plain yogurt or cottage cheese like the Pennsylvania Dutch prefer.
- Great with turkey or chicken sandwiches. Mayonnaise on one side, apple butter on the other (Check out our Apple Butter and Egg Croissant Sandwich)
- Spread on a melted cheese sandwich.
- Make parfaits!
- Mix with yogurt and fruit and place in the freezer to make frozen yogurt-fruit popsicles.
- Add several tablespoons to a can of baked beans (hot sauce optional).
- Mix with fruit and spoon into a pie shell for a delightful fruit tart.
- A natural filling for Homemade Toaster Strudels.