Cook Time: 20 minutes (if don't freeze, otherwise 40 minutes) Difficulty: Easy
Burgers have to be one of our family's favorite meals, all kinds! You can make a burger out of practically everything (meat, beans, vegetables, etc.), and according to daysoftheyear.com, May is hamburger month.
One of our favorite burgers is our Pizzazzed Burger, made with our special Pepper Pizzazz Seasoning Blend! For years at our swim club cookouts, people would ask, "What seasoning did you use in the burgers?...They're amazing!"
In celebration of hamburger month, this mouth-watering burger recipe will have your guests asking for seconds. We have made this basic recipe with beef as well as ground chicken and turkey. It's a must have in your recipe arsenal. Add our favorite toppings (mustards, ketchups, or special sauce combinations) for a delicious tasy burger.
Short on time? Purchase frozen burger patties from your local grocery store, and sprinkle Cherchies® Pepper Pizzazz on top. Instant flavor (this is what we used to do at our swim clubs for those impromptu cookouts).
So fire up those grills...it's burger season. What's your favorite burger recipe? We'd love to hear from you!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Olive oil
- 1 Lb. ground meat (we use a mixture of beef, pork, and veal, but have made this recipe with ground chicken or turkey).
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Pepper Pizzazz Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1-2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Champagne Mustard or Cherchies® Hot Banana Pepper Mustard
- **For chicken or turkey burgers, add 1/4 cup mayo
Saute the onions in olive oil. I don't always do this step (Ok, sometimes I get lazy). Fresh finely minced onions are just as good. Set aside. Add remaining ingredients plus the cooked onions to a large bowl.
Mix with hands to just combine. Shape into patties and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Next, use your thumb to make a little well in the burger (Thank you Rachael Ray for that tip). Freeze for about 30 minutes. My hubby swears by this step, but I've made them without freezing.
Turn grill onto High then low after grill has heated up. Cook to desired doneness.