Labor Day, the official end to summer, is fast approaching and sadly soon the weather will be turning chilly. It also means back to school. Ho hum. While most people look forward to their children returning to school, I love having them home for the summer (I guess I like the laziness of the summer...no schedules). I guess secretly once they get back into their routines I can now come out of the closet (seriously, I hide in my closet sometimes to type my blog during the summer...so my kids can't find me). Ha!
But Labor Day also means backyard barbecues! I love to entertain and I love to be outside celebrating with family and friends, but I especially enjoy entertaining when the weather is warm! I have put together my Top Ten Cherchies® Recipes for a Successful Backyard Barbecue, so you can have an easy breezy Labor Day party. Enjoy!
- Sweet 'n Sour Spread Recipe- This easy appetizer is a combination of pineapple, our award winning gourmet Champagne Mustard, and other yummy ingredients served over cream cheese.
- Marinated Cheese Recipe- This recipe can be made ahead and is a sure hit at parties. You may want to get a plate for yourself because they will disappear quickly! The sweetness of the Pretty Peppers and the savory ingredients are a nice compliment to the cheese.
- Chardonnay Guacamole Recipe- Who doesn't love guacamole? It's so simple to make and this recipe disappears right before your eyes. Our Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning and Salsa Seasoning with Lime take this guacamole recipe to a whole new level.
- Swiss Style Baked Beans Recipe- Baked beans are a staple for most barbecues, but the Cherchies® Hot Banana Pepper Mustard and pancake syrup, make these beans a showstopper!
- Pepper Jam Grilled Pineapple Recipe- Grilling pineapple brings out the sweet juices of the pineapple. Add our pepper jams, and you have a sweet and spicy party in your mouth!
- Apple and Shrimp Salad Recipe- The Lemon and Dill seasoning married with crazy ingredients including Sherry, create this lovely refreshing salad.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad- A delightful salad using all our your summer bounty with our Champagne Vinaigrette Recipe.
- Sassy Grilled Chicken Skewers- My go-to quick summer recipe with three ingredients, chicken, olive oil, and Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning.
- Strawberry Hot Pepper Kabobs- Hot Pepper Jam and Champagne mustard, an award-winning taste!
- Pizzazzed Steak Recipe- Steaks or burgers sprinkled with our Cherchies® Pepper Pizzaz will make your taste buds sing. Three ingredients!
- Blackberry Champagne Salmon Recipe- Ok, I'm giving you a bonus recipe because this is sooo good.