You had me at cheese! I love anything cheesy but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to marinate cheese, until I ran across one of my old cookbooks (You'll laugh...I love to read, and my favorite thing to read besides a good novel is cookbooks!).
This appetizer recipe (adapted from the lovely folks at Southern Living) looks complicated, but it is actually quite easy and is always the "the big cheese" at any party. I thought I'd try our Pretty Peppers in lieu of the pimentos from the original recipe, and my oh my, the sweetness of the peppers and the savory ingredients, are the perfect compliment to the cheese.
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp) minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon (tsp) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning
- 1/3 jar of Cherchies® Pretty Peppers, drained or for a spicier version, try our Pretty Hot Peppers
- 1 5 1/2 x 2 1-inch block sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz.), chilled
- 1 (8oz.)package cream cheese, chilled
Add the first ten ingredients to a resealable container and shake to combine. Set aside.
Slice the block of cream cheese in half vertically and then into 1/4-inch chunks. Do the same with the cheddar cheese. Stack them on their sides as pictured below in a shallow pan.
Pour marinade over cheese, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Serve with your favorite crackers! You may want to grab a plate for yourself...they won't last long! Enjoy:)
PRINT RECIPE- Marinated Cheese Recipe