Happy New Year friends! I hope your holiday season was joyous and filled with wonderful memories. Before Christmas, you may recall my excitement over our new Fig Preserves with Cinnamon! Do you know what was even more exciting? Your amazing feedback! Thank you so much!
As a result of your feedback, you inspired me to research more recipes using Fig Preserves, so I carved out some time between Christmas and New Year's and got cracking, looking at old cookbooks (remember those) and the internet. You would not believe the versatility of this tasty condiment! I was shocked.
So friends...here is a list of figalicious ideas inspired by you to to inspire you! I have already made a few of these and can't wait to make more to share with you in the near future. What are your favorite uses for Fig Preserves? Do you have a favorite recipe? We'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by!
15 Ways to Enjoy Fig Preserves
- Prepare into Fig Bars.
- Bake with brie and Garlic & Herb Seasoning in phyllo cups for an easy tasty appetizer.
- Spread on crostini with goat cheese, prosciutto and balsamic vinegar for a tasty appetizer or lunch.
- Combine with rosemary and balsamic vinegar and use as a glaze for chicken, pork, or kebabs.
- Swirl into a cheesecake batter for a fig cheesecake.
- Spread it on toast, English muffins, or biscuits instead of jelly.
- Mix with softened cream cheese as a crepe filling.
- Mix with various spirits for a refreshing Fig Cocktail
- Mix with oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette.
- Use it in your favorite cake mix to create a delightful fig cake.
- Spread on melted baked brie fresh from the oven.
- Use it in grilled ham & cheese sandwiches.
- Swirl it into ice cream.
- Use in lieu of syrup for a topping for pancakes.
- Homemade "Fig Newtons".