"Fruit Salad...honey, honey". How can you go wrong with fruit, nuts and honey? This easy recipe would be perfect for a brunch, a bridal or baby shower, or just a quick power-packed breakfast. The Cherchies® Champagne Mustard in the dressing brings out the tanginess of the fruit, and adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" (a property that makes something distinctive...ooh la la) to the dish.
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 (Tablespoon) Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained or 11 oz. Clementine oranges, peeled and separated (my children are not fans of Mandarin oranges)
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cherchies Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe (below)
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Cherchies® Champagne Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoons (tsp.) salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a small bowl, add lemon juice. Core and chop apple and banana, and dip into lemon juice to prevent browning. Combine all ingredients (I was skeptical about adding avocado, but it imparts a lovely creamy texture to this salad).
Combine honey mustard dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add enough of the honey mustard dressing recipe to coat the fruit evenly. Enjoy!