This is a fabulous recipe perfect for using leftover holiday ham. Our award-winning gourmet Champagne Mustard adds that "je ne sais quoi" (French for "I don't know what") to this egg dish. You're guests will ask for seconds! You need to try this!
- 1 Tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Cherchies® Champagne Mustard
- ¾ cup half & half (Teresa uses fat-free)
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg beaters, whipped
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon (tsp) nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) Cherchies® Garlic 'n Herbs Seasoning
- Dash white pepper
- 1 pie shell 9" (we used pre-made pie dough in this recipe)
- 6 slices ham, chopped (Teresa uses Healthy Choice sandwich ham. You can substitute leftover holiday ham)
- 1 can asparagus, drained and chopped into 1 inch pieces, or 1 1/2 cups of 1 inch uncooked fresh asparagus
- 1 cup Swiss cheese or Swiss & - Asiago blend
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Cut bottoms off of asparagus if using fresh asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1- 1/2 inch pieces, reserving tops for the end.
Blend sour cream and mustard. Slowly add half and half blending to keep from lumping. Add egg and seasonings.
Place ham, asparagus and cheese in 9” uncooked pie shell.
Pour egg mixture over pie shell. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
Let set up and cool 15-20 min. Serves 8