Cook Time: 40 minutes (if using cooked chicken)
I'm always in search of new easy chicken recipes, and this unique mexican dish is perfect for those busy nights. The green chilies and Lem 'n Pepper Spicy Blend Seasoning add a nice tang to this dish.
Your family and guests will ask for seconds!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 can (4oz.) green chilies
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons (tsp) Cherchies® Lem 'n Pepper Spicy Blend Seasoning or Cherchies® Salsa Seasoning
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese
- 1 can (12 oz.) Evaporated Milk
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken, cooked and cut into pieces (could purchase a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store)
- 6 oz. tortilla chips, broken into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add green chilies and blend well. Add tomato juice and Cherchies® Lem 'n Pepper Spicy Blend Seasoning and heat through. Melt Velveeta cheese in evaporated milk in a saucepan over low heat (I cheated here and used my microwave).
Add chicken pieces. Combine the chicken-vegetable mixture with the cheese mixture.
In a large casserole dish, alternate layers of tortilla chips with the chicken mixture, and Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the casserole.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.