Cook Time: 15 minutes
Our family loves tacos! This recipe is an update to an earlier fish taco recipe I posted awhile back. I decided to try Terrapin Ridge Farms Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing and mango salsa this time. You could easily substitute our Cherchies® Vidalia Onion Peach Salsa for the mango salsa.
The result? This recipe was a huge hit with my family! So, who's up for tacos today?
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning Blend
- 4 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Terrapin Ridge Farms Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 1/2 lb red snapper fillets (or favorite meaty, flaky fish)
- 1 lime sliced into slices
- 8 each (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix (pre-packaged at the grocery store)
- Prepared mango salsa (purchased from grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning
- cooking spray
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) chopped cilantro
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile pulse the coleslaw and Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing in a food processor until finely chopped. Set aside the coleslaw mixture.
Sprinkle Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place lime slices on the fish and bake the fish at 425 degrees for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. When the fish has been cooked, remove from oven and squeeze any remaining lime juice over the cooked fish.
In a small bowl, add mango salsa and sprinkle the salsa with Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning Blend. Mix the salsa and the seasoning to combine. Set aside.
Now it's time to assemble the tacos. One option is to create a taco bar for your guests and place the ingredients in separate bowls so they can create their own tacos. The other option is simply to arrange the tacos on a platter and serve them all at once. I prefer the former method.
Place the fish in a bowl, and break the fish into pieces with a fork. Heat the tortillas according to the package directions. Divide the fish evenly among tortillas. Top the fish with the coleslaw mixture, followed by the mango salsa mixture.
Next top each taco with a 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture and 1 tbsp Terrapin Ridge Farms Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing. Finish the tacos by sprinkling cheese and chopped cilantro over top the tacos.
Serve the tacos with our vegetable bean salad for a light, refreshing satisfying meal. Ole! Enjoy!