Cook Time: 30 minutes
I'm always looking for easy, tasty, vegetable dishes, and this recipe is cheesy with a touch of heat from the peppers. We used our new Pretty Hot Peppers to "spice things up".
This recipe is perfect for holiday gatherings and potluck get-togethers.
- 2 pkgs. (10 oz. each) frozen French style green beans
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp) butter
- 4 Tablespoons (Tbsp) flour
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) salt
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) dry mustard
- 1 jar Cherchies® Pretty Hot Peppers
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook beans in a pan with 1/2 cup of water for 3-4 minutes. Melt butter and blend with flour.
Drain beans and use this liquid and enough milk to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Add to butter and flour mixture and stir until thickened. Season with salt, Worcestershire, and mustard.
Add 1/2 jar of Pretty Hot Peppers and 1/2 cup of cheese to the sauce. Place beans in a casserole dish and pour sauce over top.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 jar of Pretty Hot Peppers on top of bean mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese to cover.
Cook for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Turn on broiler during the last couple of minutes to brown the cheese. Happy Cooking!