Cook Time: 30 minutes
Do you love cranberries? Cranberries are one of our favorites here at Cherchies, and with Thanksgiving around the corner, this easy recipe is the perfect holiday dessert, afternoon snack, or breakfast treat.
I was inspired by an old recipe I had in my cabinet, and instead of Apricot Preserves as in the original recipe, I added a bit of Cherchies® flair by substituting our Cranberry Preserves for the Apricot and added coconut to the mix. Luckily my hunches were correct as the end result was delicious!
This recipe could easily be made with any of our preserves, our Cranberry Preserves with Champagne, Blackberry Preserves, Apricot-Pineapple Preserves, or any of our butter spreads, but I was feeling festive and chose Cranberry Preserves:)
So, all you cranberry lovers out there, you need to add this recipe to your Cranberry collection. You won't be disappointed! AND, because we love ya, all our cranberry products are on SALE this weekend!
-Original recipe- Gator Country Cooks- From the Junior League Centennial Cookbook
Thanks for visiting!
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (for a gluten free version, substitute GF oats)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (for a gluten free version, substitute your favorite all-purpose GF baking flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp) salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) melted butter
- 1 jar of Cherchies Cranberry Preserves with Champagne (or could substitute or Cherchies Blackberry Preserves, our Cherchies Apricot-Pineapple Preserves, or any of our butter spreads)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, coconut, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar. Add the melted butter to the ingredients and stir until ingredients are combined and crumbly.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and enjoy!