Cook Time: 20 minutes Prep Time: 15 minutes Difficulty: Easy
I just love easy recipes, don't you?
For easy chicken recipes, our garlic chicken tenders are to die for! They are crispy and crunchy on the outside with the right amount of garlic seasoning and so moist and juicy on the inside. The best part is, they're baked!
The pièce de resistance would definitely be our Cranberry Mustard! It's tangy, it's sweet, and the perfect dipping sauce for the chicken tenders, plus, no mixing required. All you need is to open a jar, and serve. It doesn't get much easier.
I made a double batch of these beauties recently for dinner, and my family went crazy over this recipe. I had to hide the leftovers from my family, (I don't usually "hide food". It sounds kind of weird, but I felt the need to do so this time) because I needed a "beauty shot" for this blog...afterwards, when the kiddos were at school...I had the "hidden" leftover dinner for lunch. Yay me, but sorry kiddos).
You should try this recipe!
- 1 cup Rice Chex cereal (or Rice Krispies), ground in a food processor (you could substitute panko bread crumbs)
- 1 cup flour (we actually used Bob's Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour for this recipe, but have made it with regular flour too)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets (or boneless breast cut in half vertically)- our store had a buy one get one free deal, so I splurged
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning (Could substitute Cherchies® Garlic 'n Herbs No-Salt Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Cherchies® Cranberry Mustard (or Cherchies® Champagne Mustard, or for a spicy flare, our Cherchies® Hot Banana Pepper Mustard)
*If using boneless chicken breast, slice the breasts vertically (halve the chicken breasts by slicing the chicken breast in half and pound the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap until 1/2" thick).
Prepare the flour/bread crumb station. Arrange three shallow containers (I used pie plates) side by side, with the first container containing the flour, the second containing the beaten eggs, and the third containing the ground rice Chex, Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning, and pepper (mixed together).
Forks or tongs work best for this next step. First, dip both sides of the cutlets into the flour, shaking off the excess. Next, cover both sides of the cutlets with the egg, and then the seasoned cereal crumbs.
Brush a jelly roll (or 13x9) pan with Olive oil. Place coated chicken in pan and spray chicken with cooking spray.