You know you hit the appetizer jackpot when you return home from a gathering with an empty dish once graced with layers of savory taco goodness.
This quick and easy classic layered dip has been a crowd favorite at our get-togethers and potlucks for years. Loaded with refried beans, creamy guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, black olives, green onions, and cheese, it is our secret ingredients, Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend and Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning, that take this recipe from ordinary to extraordinary. It is no wonder why this recipe has earned the prestigious title "The Best Layered Taco Dip Recipe" from our friends and family. Since it is the "best," we would be amiss not to share it with you.
Whether it is a potluck or Game Day celebration, this dip will seriously score big with your gang! It feeds a crowd, it can be made ahead, and it will definitely become your new favorite party appetizer!
- 1 16 oz. can of refried beans
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning
- 8 oz. of your favorite guacamole (We tested this recipe with Wholly Guacamole)
- 12 oz. sour cream
- 2 heaping Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce (optional)
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (sometimes we use a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses)
- Tortilla chips (or substitute Frito Scoops for the tortilla chips)
In a small bowl, soften the refried beans in a microwave for about 20 seconds. (This process makes the beans easier to spread). Add the Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning to the refried beans and mix. Spread the bean mixture in a shallow baking dish (For the pretty factor, use a glass baking dish to show off the different layers). For the next layer, spread the guacamole over the refried beans.
In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream and Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend and spread over the guacamole layer.
If using lettuce (optional), sprinkle over the sour cream. Next, sprinkle the tomatoes, followed by the cheese, green onions, and olives. Finally, for a festive flair, sprinkle a small amount of Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend over the dip.
Refrigerate the taco dip for at least a couple of hours to overnight. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips (we used Frito Scoops this time) and watch this glorious layered dip disappear. We dare you to try just one bite!