Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Happy Spring friends! Old man winter has finally loosened his grasp here in Pennsylvania, and signs of warmer weather are emerging everywhere...the Forsythia are awakening, the daffodils are smiling, the birds are playing, and the weather people are forecasting summer-like temperatures this weekend. Amen! To celebrate the return of Spring and warmth, I am excited to share this quick and easy, summer-like Chicken Caprese Pasta Recipe.
Nothing screams warm weather like juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and savory basil (aka Caprese). I absolutely love this refreshing combination and by adding leftover chicken and pasta to the mix, dinner is easy peasy. So if you want to tantalize your family's taste buds with an easy meal and celebrate the fresh taste of summer, grab some plump juicy tomatoes, Cherchies® Basil Pizzazz Seasoning, fresh mozzarella cheese, and create this deliciously satisfying summer-like dish. Your family will thank you.
Let us know how you liked this dish and as always, thank you for visiting our blog!
- 1 package of spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 pound grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto (or make it homemade with our Perfect Pesto Recipe)
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Basil Pizzazz
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced (cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store or leftover chicken would work really well here)
- 1 Tablespoon Tbsp) fresh chopped basil for garnish
Cook spaghetti according to package directions in salted water, and drain. Rinse, dry, and slice cherry or grape tomatoes in half and set aside.
While spaghetti is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet, add the cream cheese, light cream, pesto, and Cherchies® Basil Pizzazz. Cook on low for 5 minutes. The sauce should begin to thicken. Add the tomatoes, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to the sauce, stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking to the bottom of the skillet. Towards the end of the cooking process, add the diced cooked chicken.
When the pasta has finished cooking, drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the cheese mixture. Cook for a couple of minutes. Garnish with fresh basil and dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!