How was your garden this summer? Did you grow tomatoes? Luckily, we had a plethora of fresh juicy ripe tomatoes all summer long and we enjoyed summer's bounty in many different recipes.
This recipe sort of came out of necessity. We were invited to a last minute neighborhood potluck, and so I used what I had on hand and came up with this refreshing summer salad. I used an assortment of fresh ripe tomatoes, sliced onions, feta cheese, our NEW Basil Pizzazz, and a lemony vinaigrette.
Sure enough, this delicious salad was devoured (yay me). You have to try this easy refreshing salad. The flavors will tantalize your taste buds!
- Assortment of fresh tomatoes, sliced into fourths (6-8 depending on size of tomatoes and crowd)
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 Teaspoons (tsp) Cherchies® Basil Pizzazz
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig of fresh basil for garnish (optional)
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, the vinegar, and the lemon juice to make the vinaigrette. Set aside.
Wash and slice the tomatoes into fourths depending on the size of tomatoes. Spread the tomato slices on a pretty platter. Sprinkle with the onion slices, the feta cheese, and the Basil Pizzazz. Right before serving, drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve. Voila, easy peasy! Enjoy!