Cook Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy.
I love easy recipes and French Bread Pizzas are not only quick and easy for those busy nights, they're a great means for hiding leftovers...such as veggies:). If you've been following our blog, you'll know that I am notorious for turning last night's leftovers into tonight's masterpiece, mainly out of necessity from years back...picky kiddos.
We go through a lot of food! With a family of five (one 21 year old boy, a 15 year old boy, a 12 year old girl AND their friends and my hubby and me), French Bread pizzas are a perfect way to stretch the buck and clear out the refrigerator at the same time;)
The pizza combinations are endless and every time I make them, the leftovers are completely disappear. My family, didn't even know what hit them:) "Mom, these are awesome!" A moment of silence please...
Occasionally, I will place a bunch of toppings out and allow my family to create their own masterpieces for make-your-own pizza night. It's a great way to get them involved in the kitchen and to catch up. (However, when they make their own pizzas, guess what's leftover?? Veggies;) The pizzas I created are listed below, Chicken Parmesan Pizza, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, and Chicken Taco Pizza. I'll post the recipes of all our concoctions in a future blog post.
How to Make French Bread Pizzas- Here's how it's done...Have fun!
- Start with a loaf of French Bread (or any kind of bread for that matter). Cut the bread in half lengthwise. (I usually cut in half lengthwise, then cut those halves in half).
- Spread on your favorite sauce. So many options...spaghetti sauce, salsa, olive oil and garlic, alfredo sauce, pesto, whatever you have in your pantry or leftover in your refrigerator. Below we've featured spaghetti sauce Champagne Mustard, and salsa as the bases.
- Next, add the toppings by using leftovers such as meat, vegetables, beans...the sky's the limit friends. Below, we used leftover grilled chicken three ways, Chicken Parmesan Pizza, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza, and Chicken Taco Pizza (Ingredients listed below).
- When you are satisfied with your creation, add the seasonings and cheese. The Chicken Parmesan Pizza had a combination of shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese sprinkled with Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning, whereas the Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza had Swiss cheese as the cheese of choice, also sprinkled with Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning, and finally, a shredded Mexican Blend and Mozzarella cheese were used for the Chicken Taco Pizza. Easy Peasy!
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the entire pizza and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is gooey and melted. Check out the ingredients for the three pizzas mentioned earlier. Enjoy!
Chicken Parmesan French Bread Pizza- Spread the bread halves with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with cooked chicken, chopped basil, Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning, and a mixture of shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees until melty.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza - Spread the bread halves with Cherchies® Champagne Mustard then spaghetti sauce. Add chicken, ham chunks, swiss cheese and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning and a little bit of dried Thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees until melty.
Chicken Taco Pizza - Spread the bread halves with salsa seasoning. Add chicken, black beans, Terrapin Ridge Farms Chipotle Aioli Sauce, and a blend of Mexican cheese blend and mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees until melty.