Cook Time: 40 minutes
After an unusually warm December here in Pennsylvania (it was 70 degrees on Christmas Eve), it is finally Winter (it's down right freezing!!). That means comfort...and chili made with one of our favorite seasoning blends, Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning Blend.
Whether it's cold weather comfort, game day celebrations, casual get-togethers, or whenever the mood strikes, chili is one of our family's favorites.
Everyone has his or her favorite chili recipe, but this easy recipe steals the show, because it features our all-purpose seasoning blend, Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning Blend which not only is perfect for grilling as the label indicates, but is also perfect for roasting, used in dips, casseroles, flavored butters, ribs, pulled pork, and of course chili! It's that versatile and delicious.
This recipe is meant for a crowd, but feel free to half this recipe unless you have teens like we do and you want leftovers (our kiddos had second and third helpings...what???). So, grab some Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning Blend and make the best chili tonight.
- *1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) bacon fat or olive oil (*If have leftover bacon grease)
- 3 lbs. ground meat (turkey, chicken, or beef is fine)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth (we use 1 cup of water with 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Minor's Beef base)
- 3 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning Blend (more to taste- ground poultry may need more)
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) ground pepper
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz.) white beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional garnish)
- Sour cream (or non-fat greek yogurt as an optional garnish)
- Sliced green onions (optional garnish)
- Hot sauce (optional garnish)
Chop onions and saute in a large dutch oven in olive oil or bacon fat until onions are soft and translucent.(you could cook onions with one strip of a strip of bacon. I happened to have reserved bacon drippings in the refrigerator and used that) Add Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning and Pepper.
Add meat, Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub and Seasoning, liquid smoke, tomato paste, beef broth and cook until meat is cooked and no longer pink.
Add the beans and the entire can of tomatoes to the pot. Stir and simmer until beans are soft.
Serve with your favorite chili toppings...cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, green onions, etc., you decide! Enjoy!