Who needs take-out, when you can make it at home? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of ordering from my favorite Thai restaurant, especially on a weekend night, but this recipe was so easy, I had to give it a try! Thank you, Kathy from Seattle, for sending us this delicious quick cooking recipe! My kids asked for seconds!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (or slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Garlic 'n Herb No-Salt Seasoning (could substitute Garlic Seasoning)
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) pepper
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) fresh ginger (scraped with a Microplane)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons Tbsp) Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice
- 4 lime wedges
Cook rice according to package directions. Keep warm. Combine fish sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Garlic 'n Herb No-salt Seasoning, pepper, and Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan.
Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute.
Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until done. Stir in coconut milk, Sriracha, sugar, the cornstarch/fish sauce mixture, and lime juice; cook 45 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro. Serve chicken mixture over rice with lime wedges. Enjoy!