Peach and cheese? Crazy! Who would have thought that Peach salsa and cheese would make for an easy and tasty dish? I tried something new, and voila!
This is a very quick and easy recipe, perfect for those busy nights, but elegant enough for guests.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies Garlic Seasoning (or substitute Cherchies Garlic 'n Herbs No Salt Seasoning)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) pepper
- Cherchies Vidalia Onion Peach Salsa (1/3 cup per chicken breast, plus 1/3 cup more for garnish)
- Shredded cheese (Cheddar and Monterey Jack work well together)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts (one at a time) in a resealable plastic bag (or between two sheets of plastic wrap), and pound with rolling pin (very therapeudic) to about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle each side of chicken breast with garlic seasoning and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken breasts for a couple of minutes on each side.
Spray 9x13" casserole dish with cooking spray, and place chicken into pan.
Smother each chicken breast with 1/3 cup Cherchies Vidalia Onion Peach Salsa. Cook chicken in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over chicken breasts. Cook chicken an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and remove from oven. Use remaining salsa as a garnish for chicken breasts. Serve with Spanish rice and a salad for a lovely meal.