Cook Time: 15 minutes
The Vidalia Peach Salsa is the star in this quick and easy shrimp recipe. Your taste buds will thank you.
- 1 TBSP. butter or olive oil
- 4 oz. sliced baby Portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 large Vidalia® (or other sweet) onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 jars Cherchies® Vidalia® Onion Peach Salsa
- 1 TBSP. capers, drained
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (can use frozen shrimp defrosted)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Cooked rice (optional)
In large saute pan, over medium heat, melt butter or heat olive oil. Add mushrooms and onions. and saute until mushrooms are golden and onions are translucent. Add Cherchies®Vidalia® Onion Peach Salsa and capers. Heat to just boiling, stirring occasionally.
Lower heat, add shrimp and cook until shrimp are firm and no longer translucent. Add hot sauce to taste if desired.
Serve over prepared rice or quinoa.