A delicious entree that the entire family will enjoy! Serve with a salad and call it dinner!
- 12 lasagna noodles (about 8 oz.)
- 3 TBSP. butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 TBSP. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 can (about 14 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Cherchies® Lem'n Dill Seasoning
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken*
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Cherchies® Lem'n Dill Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
Blanch chicken (boil), set aside. Cook noodles as package label directs. Drain; lay flat on waxed paper.
Make sauce: in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and half & half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and Lem'n Dill Seasoning.
In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup sauce, chicken, broccoli, eggs, bread crumbs, Lem'n Dill Seasoning, ground red pepper and ground nutmeg.
Pour about 1/3 of the sauce into a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
Spread filling mixture over each noodle, dividing evenly. Starting from the short end, roll up noodles, jelly-roll style. Secure ends with toothpicks. Place rolls, curly end down, in prepared dish. Top with remaining sauce.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes until heated thoroughly.
*A pre-cooked roaster chicken from the grocery store makes this recipe even easier!
Submitted by Sheri Gavin Spallone