Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
If it were up to my kiddos, they would eat hotdogs daily.
This is a great recipe to get the kiddos helping in the kitchen, since it involves dough and hotdogs (what kid doesn't like to play with his or her food?), and quality time;)
This particular time, we used dough to wrap the hot dogs to resemble mummies for Halloween, a family favorite. I love how my kiddos decorated the faces with mustard.
Our Champagne Mustard not only dots the eyes on the mummies, but it is the preferred dipping sauce for these cuties (for this picture we actually used regular hot dogs).
Here's how we did it!
- 2 pkg. cocktail weiners
- 32 1/2 inch strips of swiss cheese
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp.) poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) Cherchies®Champagne Mustard (for a spicier version use Cherchies® Hot Banana Pepper Mustard)
- 2 Tablespoons (Tbsp) melted butter
Split each weiner lenthwise. Put a dab of Champagne Mustard and a strip of cheese into each weiner. Divide each biscuit into quarters and roll each quarter between palms of hands to make long strips.
Spiral wrap each strip around the weiner. Place on a cookie sheet, baste with butter and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven.