Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Do you need a food hug? What's that you ask? It is a food so comforting that it feels like a warm hug from a friend. Last night, as I watched the pending weather forecast predict our fourth nor'easter in three weeks, I knew what was on the menu...one of my all-time favorite comfort foods, Chicken Tetrazzini.
Days like this call for a food hug and our Champagne Chicken Tetrazzini will warm your soul! What's not to love about roast chicken, garlicky mushrooms, and silky noodles all smothered in a buttery wine, cheese sauce?
I have made variations to this classic dish over the years, but this adaptation to The Pioneer Woman's Turkey Tetrazzini is one of my favorites. The secret ingredient that adds that "Je ne sais quoi" (fancy for an indefinable quality) to this dish, is Cherchies® award-winning Champagne Mustard. This recipe is so creamy, cheesy, and comforting that you will want to make this recipe again and again! It makes a large quantity, so you can always divide half of the mixture into a smaller pan and freeze the other half for later; or share the love with someone you hold dear.
We would love to hear your comments on this dish! As always, thank you for visiting our blog.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons (Tbsp) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning or Cherchies® Garlic 'n Herbs Seasoning
- 1 lb. baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (tsp) Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups of turkey or chicken broth
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp) Cherchies® Champagne Mustard
- 3 cups cooked (leftover) chicken or turkey, diced or shredded
- 1 14 oz. package of frozen peas
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and broken into bits
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning and pepper to taste
- Extra broth or water to thin mixture if needed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (we used homemade bread crumbs, but panko would be just fine too)
Cook pasta according to package directions until almost done (al dente). The pasta will finish cooking in the oven. Drain and rinse the pasta. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and Cherchies® Garlic Seasoning. After a couple of minutes, add the garlic and saute until onions are translucent. Add the white wine and allow the mushroom/onion mixture to cook for several minutes, or until the liquid reduces by half.
Sprinkle the flour and Cherchies Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend over the mushroom/onion mixture and stir until mixture thickens. Add the chicken broth and cook for an additional few minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the cream cheese pieces to the pot, the Champagne Mustard, and stir to melt. It may take a little while for the cream cheese pieces to melt, but they eventually will.
Add the turkey or chicken, the peas, the bacon and the cheeses. Stir to combine, adding more Garlic Seasoning and pepper to taste.
Add the cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. Add more broth or water if needed to thin mixture. It needs to be a bit soupy. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with a little more Cherchies® Select Grilling Rub & Seasoning Blend, followed by the breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and golden brown.
Enjoy a nice warm comforting food hug!