I love experimenting in the kitchen with new recipes, new flavors, new textures, and new uses for leftovers, and this recipe in particular caught my eye. My hubby calls these type of recipes, "girlie" (meaning he won't touch them), but I call them "all the more for me and my friends" recipes;)
This "girlie" recipe is adapted from Lively Table, with a few Cherchies® tweaks, but it's full of flavor and texture...kind of like me :), and it features our our award-winning Cherchies® Champagne Mustard, juicy blackberries, and delicious melty cheese. Yum! This flatbread would make the perfect light appetizer or lunch.
Thank you for stopping by!
- 1 fresh pizza dough (Feel free to use your favorite flatbread as a substitute)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) Cherchies® Garlic'n Herbs Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tablespoon (Tbsp.) Cherchies® Champagne Mustard
- 1 (4oz.) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into thin slices
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup shaved fennel, plus 1-2 tbsp fronds for garnish
- 2-4 oz thinly sliced grilled chicken (about 1/2 small breast). Leftover chicken is also perfect
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 425° F.
- For the Balsamic Reduction, place 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan. Cook the vinegar on medium-low until vinegar has reduced to a thick syrupy consistency (about 2 Tablespoons).
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a preheated pizza stone.
- Lightly spread oil over crust. Sprinkle Cherchies® Garlic'n Herbs Seasoning Blend over the dough. Next, spread the Cherchies® Champagne Mustard over the pizza crust. Then top the crust with cheese, onion, fennel bulb, and chicken.
- Bake the loaded flatbread for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fennel fronds (fancy for the green fennel tips, chopped), blackberries, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Enjoy!