I am obsessed with small plates or aka Tapas! My hubby and I love to have friends over for an appetizer evening to nosh and talk. I had these cute shot glasses I had purchased a while ago and I took these shooters to a party last weekend. Guess what? They were a huge hit! Our Cherchies®Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning added that nice zing to the ceviche.
For this recipe, I used frozen shrimp because I was short of time and had it on hand. The idea of ceviche, with all the citrus, is to "cook" the raw shrimp, so feel free to substitute raw shrimp. (I used shot glasses. If you'd prefer to put in martini glasses as an elegant appetizer, then roughly chop all the ingredients).
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp, defrosted and chopped (reserve whole shrimp to garnish as many glasses as have)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Juice of two limes
- Juice of two lemons
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cherchies® Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, chopped (amount according to taste)
- A splash of Chardonnay wine (optional)
- Several drops of Sriracha hot sauce according to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the sriracha, Cherchies®Chardonnay Lime & Cilantro Seasoning, the juice of the orange, the limes, the lemons, and the Chardonnay (optional). Add remaining chopped ingredients (I add the whole shrimp pieces I'm going to use as a garnish) to the marinade. Mix everything together. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Assemble shot glasses. To prevent them from sliding for transport, I used what I had on hand...Crayola's model magic, and I rolled a tiny amount into a ball and placed under each shot glass. When I arrived at the party, I removed the clay.
Fill each glass with a generous amount of the ceviche and garnish with a whole piece of shrimp! Ole!