This delicious recipe comes from Miss Aimee B's Tea Room in St. Charles, MO. Owner, Sherry Pfaender says that the secret ingredient is our Champagne Mustard - "it just doesn't come out the same without it!"
- Pastry for a 9 inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canned condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Cherchies® Champagne Mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pie plate with pastry; prick crust lightly. Line with waxed paper and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until set but not brown, about 7 to 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add chicken, cheese, water chestnuts, celery, onion, condensed soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, flour and mustard. Mix well.
Fill crust with chicken mixture. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until slightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes about 6 servings